Protect yourself from identity theft
Keep Your Identity Safe
If you feel you have been a victim of Identity Theft, please call any one of our branches and our staff will begin working with you immediately.
Some Tips to Prevent Identity Theft
- Do not share personal, identifying information with anyone unless you know why they need it, how it will be used and if it will be shared.
- Share your social security number only when necessary.
- Review the activity in your bank accounts and credit card accounts at least monthly to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions.
- Do not reply to emails requesting personal information even if the emails appear to be from a trusted source. Legacy Bank will never use email to update or verify the personal information of its customers.
- Obtain a copy of your credit report at least annually and make sure you recognize all of the accounts listed.
The FDIC has produced a presentation to help consumers protect themselves from Identity Theft. Click here to view the presentation, "Don't Be an Online Victim: How to Guard Against Internet Thieves and Electronic Scams".