Protect Yourself from Identity Theft
Identity theft is a growing problem but there are steps you can take to prevent identity theft or catch it early.
Keep Your Identity Safe
If you feel you have been a victim of Identity Theft, please call any one of our branches and our staff will begin working with you immediately. The FDIC has produced a presentation to help consumers protect themselves from Identity Theft. Click here to view the presentation, “Don’t Be an Online Victim: How to Guard Against Internet Thieves and Electronic Scams”.
Some Tips to Prevent Identity Theft
- Do not share personal, identifying information with anyone unless you know why they need it, how it will be used and if it will be shared.
- Share your social security number only when necessary.
- Review the activity in your bank accounts and credit card accounts at least monthly to make sure there are no unauthorized transactions.
- Do not reply to emails requesting personal information even if the emails appear to be from a trusted source. VisionBank will never use email to update or verify the personal information of its customers.
- Update anti-virus and anti-malware programs on your personal computers regularly
- Utilize the automatic update feature for the operating system of your personal computer (Windows or Apple)
- Passwords used for on-line accounts should be strong (contain upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters) AND should be changed at least every 90 days
- Obtain a copy of your credit report at least annually and make sure you recognize all of the accounts listed. Contact information for each of the credit bureaus is listed below.
PO Box 740241
Atlanta, GA 30374-0241
If you are traveling and having trouble with your debit card call (866) 508-2693.